What JROTC Has To Offer
Students involved in JROTC take advantage of the character building benefits that the program has to offer. They are taught a world-class curriculum that focuses on:
- Maximizing potential for success through learning and self-management
- Developing leadership skills
- Incorporating principles of mental and physical wellness into behaviors and decisions
- Building effective relationships with peers, co-workers, and the community
- Applying physical and political geography to building global awareness
- Correlating the rights and responsibilities of citizenship to the purposes of U.S. government
- Relating events in U.S. history to choices and responsibilities Americans have today
- Characterizing the role of the military and other national service organizations in building a democracy and maintaining peace in a democratic society
JROTC also holds competitions that motivate cadets and gives them the opportunity to travel to other states.
After high school, interested students receive help from the instructors to meet the criteria for acceptance into military academies and four-year college ROTC scholarships.
- William Lane
Phone: (505) 265-3711
- Jimmy Flores